How can i take complete backup of WSS3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed wss30.0 with all the default options selected through sharepoint technology and configuration wizard in SBS2008. I then used central administration to to back up complete farm level. Now i am not sure if it will backup everything that i need to restore it later if i have any issue. Also can any one let me know if it will restore the calender entries as well?

When i do complete backup i get the following error in windows sharepoint services search:

My question: does that have any effect on the backup?

Object b1a8efed-f249-410f-92f3-0477674aca90 failed in event OnBackup. For more information, see the error log located in the backup directory. InvalidOperationException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchBackupRestoreTimerJob.Execute(Guid targetInstanceId)

Friday, January 14, 2011 7:35 PM

Answers

• I think this affects your backup. Double check that Farm Account has an access to all WSS databases.
    Oleg
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:33 AM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 9:05 PM
  • I would rely on a full database backup and file system backup of the web servers. The database would contain all information related to content of the site and configuration.

If you have a database backup of the content database, you will need to restore the database which will retrieve your calendar entries as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Dip

Saturday, January 15, 2011 2:22 AM

All replies

• I think this affects your backup. Double check that Farm Account has an access to all WSS databases.
    Oleg
    Friday, January 14, 2011 9:05 PM
  • I would rely on a full database backup and file system backup of the web servers. The database would contain all information related to content of the site and configuration.

If you have a database backup of the content database, you will need to restore the database which will retrieve your calendar entries as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Dip

Saturday, January 15, 2011 2:22 AM