Publish Windows Media Service (RTSP) through UAG RRS feed

• Question

• I have UAG 2010 sp1 running, publishing our intranet sites.  On several pages we have medial player objects embedded as in the snippet below.

The object displays fine, but no access through UAG to the MMS server.  Any ideas on how to publish a Windows Media Server URL?

<OBJECT classid=clsid:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95 width=320 height=285 type=application/x-oleobject>
    <embed
     type="application/x-mplayer2"
     width="320" height="285"
     showcontrols="true"
     src="mms://<mediaserver name>/video.wmv">
    </embed>
    </OBJECT>

Friday, March 25, 2011 7:42 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You cannot publish a pure MMS connection through UAG since its designed for inbound HTTP or HTTPS.   However since you are leveraging a website and its calling an internal server, you should be able to setup a silent client\server application.  This will require that endpoint components are enabled and installed. 

Thanks
    Dennis

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:27 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 10:51 PM
  • I had similar issue, but we were able to change applicatoin to stream using IIS media services and after that there was no problem streaming.

You can also check if this applies to you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328728

Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:48 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You cannot publish a pure MMS connection through UAG since its designed for inbound HTTP or HTTPS.   However since you are leveraging a website and its calling an internal server, you should be able to setup a silent client\server application.  This will require that endpoint components are enabled and installed. 

Thanks
    Dennis

Friday, April 15, 2011 10:51 PM
  • I had similar issue, but we were able to change applicatoin to stream using IIS media services and after that there was no problem streaming.

You can also check if this applies to you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328728

Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:48 AM
  • Thanks for the replies.  I'm going to start witht he Client/Server App and then try the HTTP streaming. 

Friday, May 6, 2011 7:35 PM