none
Failure running DISM.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I've been running MDT 2013 on Server 2012 R2 for several months now and I'm no longer able to successfully apply the unattend.xml file to my Server 2012 R2 image. The OS lays down fine, but when my TS gets to 'Applying unattend.xml with DISM.EXE,' the deployment fails. I have 3 different Windows 7 task sequences that are still working fine. I have started over with the Server 2012 R2 install.wim, generating a new catalog file from within MDT when selecting 'Edit Unattend.xml' from my task sequence. Unattend file validates fine. Selecting 'Finish' on my Deployment Summary page takes me to an X:\Windows screen where, if I type 'exit', my PC reboots and I get to the 'Settings' screen, asking for Country, language & keyboard. I accept the license terms, settings get finalized and I'm in to my newly deployed Server 2012 R2 image, it's just that my all of the steps in my task sequence aren't being executed.

The somewhat relevant text I'm seeing in BDD.txt is 'An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\. ... component=LTIApply"

I'd be happy to post any log files that may be helpful on OneDrive.

thanks

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 7:29 PM

Answers

• Thanks for offering to help. I was able to resolve the issue last night by regenerating my boot image - not sure how it got corrupted as it hadn't been updated since June of last year but things seem to be working again.
    • Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by OhNellieDavis Monday, June 8, 2015 1:05 PM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:19 PM

All replies

• If you can post your BDD.log file to OneDrive that'll help. Have you made any changes to MDT, customsettings or your task sequence that could possibly affect this?

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 4:06 AM
  • Thanks for offering to help. I was able to resolve the issue last night by regenerating my boot image - not sure how it got corrupted as it hadn't been updated since June of last year but things seem to be working again.
    • Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by OhNellieDavis Monday, June 8, 2015 1:05 PM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:19 PM