DWM causes all of my applications to not respond and lock up RRS feed

• Question

• Recently (in the past month or so) my windows 7 64 bit home premium has been locking up for 30 seconds to 2 minutes randomly.  I isolated the problem as Desktop Window Manager.  Disable it, all the problems go away.  I have updated all of my drivers, tried to re-enable DWM, and...bam not responding again.  My system should have no problem running Windows Aero, but something has recently caused huge problems.

I have formatted my HDD, and reinstalled a completely clean version of Windows 7, it locked up within minutes.  Is there a work around other than not using Aero?  I paid for the software and would like to use it.

System:

AMD Phenom 9750 2.41 GHz

NVidia 8600GT w/ 256MB VRAM

8 Gig RAM

Not sure what else you might need

Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:50 PM

Answers

• Problem seems to have corrected itself after I ran a registry fix.  Odd that the registry would need fixing days after a clean install, but, c'est la vie.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:41 AM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 8:20 PM

All replies

• Might be worth just running a couple of hardware checks just to rule that out. Namely harddisk and memory. Heres a link to help you do this - http://www.mypchealth.co.uk/GuideTests.php
    www.mypchealth.co.uk
    Friday, November 19, 2010 10:05 AM
  • Problem seems to have corrected itself after I ran a registry fix.  Odd that the registry would need fixing days after a clean install, but, c'est la vie.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:41 AM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 8:20 PM