none
Public Website Access from Local DNS Server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Windows Server 2016 Standart DC and DNS Server on my local site and my some project website in Azure and use global ns server for resolution. I can access the website from 8.8.8.8 etc public DNS server but when I tried to add the domain in my DNS server like a zone and added A record for the domain but I can't access when I use my local DNS server primary DNS. 

Is this normal or I missing something?

Thanks.

Friday, May 4, 2018 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Make sure that you can ping and nslookup to the web site via local DNS name. You may type the command “nslookup -d2 <web site DNS name>” to debug the name query process when using local DNS server as the primary DNS. And post me the result at your convenience.

Meanwhile, please check if IIS configuration of the web site is correct.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards, 

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 7, 2018 2:23 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 9:11 AM
  • Hi,
    Could the above reply be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back
    Best Regards,
    Michael

Friday, May 11, 2018 6:41 PM