none
Project Server 2010 on any other port than 80 on SharePoint 2010 stand alone installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I just come across an issue in which there is a live server where a sharepoint live site is hosted and the deployment is stand alone. When i install proejct server 2010 and when it runssharepoint configuration wizard, it automatically try to deploy pwa on port 80 which it couldn't because there is no web application on port 80. The problem is that i need to create the pwa on a port other than 80. Is it possible that i can create pwa on anyother port on a sharepoint stand alone installation.

Quick response is highly appreciated
    Regards
    Adil Hussain

Thursday, October 28, 2010 1:46 PM

Answers

• Yes. Its correct.

Select the second option "Complete" and install Project server 2010. Later run the sharepoint configuration wizard, it will not create the PWA automatically. You can manually create Project Application service & create PWA manually.

If it is fresh installation, try the following

Uninstall both SPS2010 & PS 2010.

Install SPS 2010 with complete option - Do not run the SPS wizard

Install Projectserver 2010 with complete option - Run the SPS wizard, create new configuration database

Later start the necessary services, service application and PWA on your desired Web application

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Friday, October 29, 2010 6:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Adil,

When you create the Project Web App you can choose the port number there for the application pool that hosts the Web App.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:05 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for quick reply, but when we we install project server on the stand alone installation of sharepoint you dont need to create project web app yourself becuase it creates the pwa automatically when it runs sharepoint configuration wizard. I have done project server on stand alone installation of sharepoint earlier and when we run sharepoint configuraiton wizard it automatically create pwa on the address http://<localhost>/pwa.

Regards

Adil Hussain

Friday, October 29, 2010 6:12 AM
  • Yes. Its correct.

Select the second option "Complete" and install Project server 2010. Later run the sharepoint configuration wizard, it will not create the PWA automatically. You can manually create Project Application service & create PWA manually.

If it is fresh installation, try the following

Uninstall both SPS2010 & PS 2010.

Install SPS 2010 with complete option - Do not run the SPS wizard

Install Projectserver 2010 with complete option - Run the SPS wizard, create new configuration database

Later start the necessary services, service application and PWA on your desired Web application

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Friday, October 29, 2010 6:53 AM