none
Coul not retrieve Server initialization data-Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,
    I am trying to connect MS Project 2010 Proffesional Client edition to MS Project 2010 server
    but I keep getting the following error when I open project 2010 professional: Could not retrieve server initialization data.
    Any idea?

Thanks
    Friday, August 17, 2012 12:50 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Are you logged into your computer using admin right?

Open Internet Explorer, Open PWA , Trust the website and reduce the security level to low. - In low, Automatic logon with current user name and password will be enabled

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:19 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if the user you are logged into on the workstation has rights within Project Professional 2010. Also check if the connection is made to the right address typically it should be http://servername/pwa.

If you still have this problem please give us information on what user you are logging in with. And what right he has on the PWA site. Also provide the connection address you use in Project Professional. 

This will allow us to get a better understanding on what could be wrong.

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

Friday, August 17, 2012 6:36 AM
  • Still no luck...

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:01 PM
  • Please check if the user you are logged into on the workstation has rights within Project Professional 2010 : Yes Full control

Connection is made to http://project/IT and I am able to browse to that site from IE

The user that I am logging with is in the web administrator group in PWA

Thanks!

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:08 PM
  •  

Web administrator or PWA administrator? Did you add this user using “PWA>>Server Settings>>Manager User” page?

Only Project Managers and Administrators are allowed to connect PWA using project pro

Check your Antivirus, if needed disable for testing purpose

Create different profile in Project Pro.

Open Internet Explorer, Open PWA , Trust the website and reduce the security level to low. - In low, Automatic logon with current user name and password will be enabled

Blog | < | LinkedIn
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:27 PM
  • under the pwa site, when I go to site actions I see site setting, not server settings.
    Friday, August 17, 2012 3:35 PM
  •  

No, you should go to Server Settings>>Manager Users  page

Click on add user and enter user details

If its administrator then, add the users in administrators group and assign My organization category

Click on save.

PWA will sync permissions on root site

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Actually I did find the server settings and yes I am in both the administrators and project managers group.

I trusted the website and reduce the security level to low still no luck!!!

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:43 PM
    • Navigate to Server Settings>>Manage Users
    • Edit the user account and without making any change click on save.
    • By doing this we are refreshing the user settings.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Friday, August 17, 2012 7:39 PM
  • Still no luck!!!
    Friday, August 17, 2012 9:44 PM
  • I found what the problem was but don't know the solution yet. Basically when I go to the original pwa site like http://project/pwa it works fine. However when I go to the sites that were created thru alternate access mapping like http://project.mydomain.org/pwa then that's when it is stuck on loading.
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:47 PM