none
IE 10 issue with websites after installation RRS feed

• Question

• After IE 10 was installed, I have found that certain fields on websites do not allow entry or sometimes not display a page completely.  For example, on Amazon, when I go to manage my kindle, it will not let show me all the content on the page.  And if I am trying to enter information on a web form on a site, it will not let me type into the field.  I can go to Chrome or another browser and it works perfectly.  This is using IE10 through MSN ISP dial up broadbandconnection where the icon is a butterfly.  If I go to the e icon or chrome directly it works.  Any help appreciated.  I have scanned for all types of malware, virus, etc and also used norton eraser to see if there was something going on that Norton 360 did not catch.
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You may try these steps and check if the WebPages are displayed correctly.

1. Try to view the websites in compatibility mode and check.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-10

2. Delete your browser history.

3. Disable antivirus and firewall, then check the result.

4. Ensure that the Internet Explorer security settings are not set to high. Also disable enhanced protected mode.

In addition, I would like to suggest you refer to these articles to check the issue:

Why can't I view some websites?: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Why-cant-I-view-some-websites

Cannot access some websites in Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967897/en-us

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196/en-us

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 14, 2014 8:30 AM
  • Has IE11 ever been offered to your computer via Windows Update?

How long has Norton 360 been installed?

Are you confusing MSN Explorer ("butterfly" icon) with Internet Explorer (blue "e" icon)?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Friday, March 14, 2014 5:32 PM
  • Blair, I tried your steps above.  Still did not fix the issues.  I am stumped.  I can go over into a different browser...Chrome and it all works fine. 

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:04 PM
  • No, IE11 hs never been offered to my computer via Windows Update.  Norton 360 has been installed for since I got this computer over 3 years ago.  No, I am not confusing the icons.  I have an e icon where everything works fine, and when I use the Butterfly icon, sites don't work right.

When I click on the butterfly icon, i sign in and them my msn home page comes up and all the icons for mail, connection center,,,,etc.  When I click on home for enter the site, it opens the sites fine, just some pages do not populate;  see picture below.

When i go into amazon and try manage my kindle this is what i see.  Never finishes painting the screen.  On other sites, when I type information in a webform box, this does not show either.  I can go into Chrome and all is fine.  Also, if I use the E icon, and it works fine too.  ANy ideas??

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:15 PM
  • dlw109 wrote:
    No, IE11 has never been offered to my computer via Windows Update.  Norton 360 has been installed for since I got this computer over 3 years ago.

When I click on the butterfly icon, i sign in and them my msn home page comes up and all the icons for mail, connection center,,,,etc.  When I click on home for enter the site, it opens the sites fine, just some pages do not populate...I can go into Chrome and all is fine.  Also, if I use the E icon, and it works fine too.

Assuming Win7 (64-bit) SP1...

Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferablywithout quoting my post:

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1b. Did Win7 64-bit come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it, did you do a clean install of Win7, or did you upgrade the computer to Win7?

2. What Norton 360 version is installed and when does your current subscription expire?

3. Has any Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

4. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [PICK ONE] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

5a. Is KB2925418, KB2929961 and/or KB2930275 listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)? [1]

6. Assuming Java is installed => Is Java Version 7 Update 51 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER (the blue E icon) ONLY! =>http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

7. Is Adobe Flash Player v12.0.0.77 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER (the blue e icon) ONLY! => http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

8a. What Update Version is listed in the second line of text in IE's (the blue E icon) Help | About [Alt+H+A] tab (e.g., Update Version: 10.0.56)? 

8b. Is Firefox or any other alternate browser installed other than Chrome?

9. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner Registry Cleaner)?

==============================================
    [1] Start | Control Panel | Programs and Features | View installed updates (in left-hand menu)

Note: The Butterfly icon...

...is MSN Explorer; the blue e icon...

...is Internet Explorer.

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:58 AM