Exchange 2007 Problem RRS feed

• Question

• We are having Exch CAS & Hub Transport in one server and the other for Mail box. The below problem started with CAS server and then occuring in Mail box server too.

I am facing new problem since 2 weeks that I cannot login to Exch CAS server with administrator but I can login with administrator privileged user.

It straight away displays "username or password incorrect" during this time I can login with normal administrator privileged user and can ping all of

the servers in domain, our MS Outlook will work but OWA will not work for the new users but for the user who logged in with admin rights will work(OWA).

All I need to do is "disconnect and connect the network cable(LAN)" then only I can login with administrator and all works fine and now the problem has

extended to Mail box server also, in this case the above practice doesn't help I need to restart the server and make sure all the services(MS Exch related) services running

properly or not.

Need your expert support to resolve this.

Thankyou

EXCH ADMIN
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 12:28 PM

Answers

• Hi EXCH ADMIN,

Above gave some good information, any update for your issue?
    Could you check the account administrator whether could log into the domain successfully, any operation before the issue occured, any GP with the user's password?
    In my opinion, it seems that the password of the account maybe changed by certain operation.

Regards!
    Gavin
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Just to let you know that there in miss typed password or changed by somebody.  When I restart the server or disconnect and reconnect the LAN then it'll be

able to login.  Strange thing is there is no event generated for this issue.  I have reported this to microsoft too, they took the MPS report of the server but

still they couldn't come up with the solution.

What I guess otherwise is could be hardware issue but suddenly the problem started in Mailbox server too, it started with CAS & Hub Transport??????

If problem resolved definitely shall update and let you know what we did it to resolve.

Thanks

EXCH ADMIN
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:21 AM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To check the service health of your server, Open Exchane Management Shell from your Mailbox Server (If failed, install exchange management tools in your workstation) and run this command

1. Test-ServiveHealth -Server "CAS-HUB Server Name"

2. Test-MapiConnectivity -Identity "affected user mailbox name"

3. Test-OutlookWebSerives -Server "CAS Server Name"

4. Test-SystemHealth

Inform if any error reported when you run that command.

Note: Before running that command, perform a restart for your DC first and then the cas server and mailbox server and run the above command.

To remotely reboot a server - Login with domain admin rights and run this in command prompt shutdown /r -m \\IP Address of your server

Sunday, August 21, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Hi EXCH ADMIN,

Above gave some good information, any update for your issue?
    Could you check the account administrator whether could log into the domain successfully, any operation before the issue occured, any GP with the user's password?
    In my opinion, it seems that the password of the account maybe changed by certain operation.

Regards!
    Gavin
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Hi! The problem is intermittent, I'll do the tasks suggested by Mr. Rajkumar when it occurs and shall update subsequently.

thanks

EXCH ADMIN
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:05 PM
  • Hi Exch Admin,

Thanks for your update, confirm the network steadily and the password typed correctly.
    Hope good news from you.

Regards!
    Gavin
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:56 AM
  • Just to let you know that there in miss typed password or changed by somebody.  When I restart the server or disconnect and reconnect the LAN then it'll be

able to login.  Strange thing is there is no event generated for this issue.  I have reported this to microsoft too, they took the MPS report of the server but

still they couldn't come up with the solution.

What I guess otherwise is could be hardware issue but suddenly the problem started in Mailbox server too, it started with CAS & Hub Transport??????

If problem resolved definitely shall update and let you know what we did it to resolve.

Thanks

EXCH ADMIN
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:21 AM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:58 AM
  • Hi Exch Admin,

Thank you for your sharing!

Regards!
    Gavin

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttngfb@microsoft.com
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 26, 2011 7:29 AM