Exchange 2010 SP3 Rollup 15 Default user permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I recently applied Exchange 2010 SP3 and then rollup 15 to my on premise exchange server.

Everything seemed to go well until users started complaining that they could not view shared calendars default setting (Free/busy) from the outlook clients, instead they are getting a no connection indication on the calendar tab. the OWA works fine.

It appears that the "Default User" permissions are not taking effect.

I have tried setting the permissions in powershell using this command: Set-MailboxFolderPermission -User "Default" -AccessRights LimitedDetails -Identity $calendar

The following command: Get-MailboxFolderPermission -User "Default" -Identity $calendar indicates that the required permissions are in effect. However when attempting to access the calendar I receive a "Insufficient permissions" error

Can anyone provide a solution for me?

Note: I do have a sharing policy that is enabled to allow all users default Free/busy permissions

Not 2: I can provide any other permission to default user such as "reviewer" and that works. It is the "LimitedDetails" permission that does not work.

• Edited by Rigger1959 Monday, November 28, 2016 11:10 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2016 10:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Rigger,

In my opinion, due to permission issue will have a impact on the mailbox, both OWA and Outlook will be effected also. If shared calendar works fine in OWA, it means this is not a permission issue.

I recommend you can let a user openthe shared calendar in outlook manually, and check if he can view the shared calendar.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:17 AM