none
IE11 and favorites deleted RRS feed

• Question

• In IE 11 when you delete an item from favorites where does it go?

In older versions of IE I could find the deleted items in the recycle bin, but not since I changed to IE11 and Win 8

thanks

Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, IE11 cannot be installed in Windows 8.

And after my trial, the items i deleted are moved to recycle bin. Please check properties of recycle bin, and uncheck "Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted" option.

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 14, 2014 9:24 AM
  •  Yes had already checked properties but is the same as in your pic.

any other ideas?

Not worth reinstalling windows 8.1 to try and correct the problem, but would really like the problem fixed.

thanks

Friday, February 14, 2014 2:23 PM
  • Hi,

When we delete files, these files will be moved to $RECYCLE.BIN folder, which is hidden in each partition. When we want to restore the files you deleted, the files will recovery from $RECYCLE.BIN to original directory.

Please locate to C:\Users\"username"\Favorites, try to delete the items from favorites folder and check in $RECYCLE.BIN if these items are deleted permanently.

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 17, 2014 5:31 AM
  • Hi,

When we delete files, these files will be moved to $RECYCLE.BIN folder, which is hidden in each partition. When we want to restore the files you deleted, the files will recovery from $RECYCLE.BIN to original directory.

Please locate to C:\Users\"username"\Favorites, try to delete the items from favorites folder and check in $RECYCLE.BIN if these items are deleted permanently.

Andy Altmann

Ok this does not make any sense to me. If I delete it like you said by going to Windows Explorer and then C:\Users\"username"\Favorites it will show up in the recycle bin like it is suppose to. But of course using that method would not be feasible or normal all the time.  In IE 11 I should be able to click Favorites at the top of the IE page and then right click on the favorites. Then click on delete. This does delete it but it does not send it to the recycle bin. But your way it does save in the recycle bin. Why?     Also I tried restoreing old windows 8 with IE 10 and had the same results.  Also with my way the delete button has a small blue and gold shield beside it to the right. But going to delete your way the delete button does not have a shield. Does this mean something?  Thanks
    Monday, February 17, 2014 6:57 AM