Can I build a save location into a template? can I auto generate info from excel to a new word doc? RRS feed

• Question

• I have office 2010 pro ....

I have created a template and all is good BUT I would like docs that use this particular template to be saved in a specific file location not the general location that holds the rest of my docs.

I that possible??  if so how and if a it would be a macro then I would need help in knowing how to put it in the template as well ... 

Thank you in advance!

Something else i would like to do is connect any doc made with this template to auto fill some data in an excel workbook .... but that is probably impossible

This is my example:  

I Have a folder on my desktop that has an excel book that lists my recipes and pertinent data that links to individual recipes, my recipe template and a folder all of my recipes that have been created using my recipe template

I have linked the recipes in the excel book -- that part is done but what I would like to do in the future is to be able to Just open my template type in my recipe and have it auto-generate some of the date into the excell book -- like the name and description.

OR I would like to be able to open the excel book type in the name and description and have excel open a new doc, based on my template and auto fill the name of recipe in the new doc ....

IS ANY of the above possible??

• Edited by Pageisbusy Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:46 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

VBA code can accomplish to save a document to a specific location, you can read this article, hope this helpful:"Document.SaveAs Method"

Saves the specified document with a new name or format. Some of the arguments for this method correspond to the options in the Save As dialog box (File menu).

And this methods more Coding or developer related, In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Microsoft Office for Developer Forum for further discussion.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/officedev

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Pageisbusy Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:45 PM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Thanks so much I will ck this out and go over to that forum -- sorry and thanks for you time!

Page

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:29 PM