none
Pull out certain tasks ech week for report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, fairly new to MS Project. I have quite a lengthy task list. Some of the tasks are documentation tasks and I want to be able to report on those separately from all other tasks each week. i.e. which documentation tasks are due next week.

Whats the most efficient way to do this? Do I use Flags?

thanks all!

Friday, March 31, 2017 10:12 AM

Answers

• I had added "doc" before all associated tasks. I then created a filter to filter for these and they show up perfectly.

I then went into Reports and Project Overview and added a table for documentation and have tried to use the 'Doc' filter that I have set up, but the list comes back blank. I am not using project online.

**Update: Have sorted it. I copied the 'Tasks due this week' filter and added requirement to contain Doc:... its exactly what I needed!** thanks all

• Edited by JubiPM Monday, April 3, 2017 8:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by JubiPM Monday, April 3, 2017 8:19 PM
    Monday, April 3, 2017 7:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You just need a way to identify these tasks - maybe a enterprise task level custom field linked to a lookup table. A value in the lookup table could be "Documentation" - tag all of the documentation tasks with the correct value then you could easily create a report that pulled out just those tasks in a report using Excel / Power BI with the Project Online OData Reporting API.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Friday, March 31, 2017 11:01 AM
  • I had added "doc" before all associated tasks. I then created a filter to filter for these and they show up perfectly.

I then went into Reports and Project Overview and added a table for documentation and have tried to use the 'Doc' filter that I have set up, but the list comes back blank. I am not using project online.

**Update: Have sorted it. I copied the 'Tasks due this week' filter and added requirement to contain Doc:... its exactly what I needed!** thanks all

• Edited by JubiPM Monday, April 3, 2017 8:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by JubiPM Monday, April 3, 2017 8:19 PM
    Monday, April 3, 2017 7:53 PM