none
Document Management for Enterprise Project Type RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to Project online. We're an architectural and engineering Project firm, so we want to manage all customer documents with one place.  I understand that there are two different Project type; enterprise and SharePoint task list. But, I don't want to create new site for every Project I've created. Is it possible to manage all Project documents, issues, risks, deliverables with one SharePoint site or with enterprise Project type? I've tried but system didn't let me to connect one SharePoint site to more then one Project.

And any suggestions about which way to use? Should we use SharePoint task list type? Also, we want to create a site collection for management team for all company documents including customer Project docs. But with Project App, we can't search and find documents or list on the other site or site collection. Is there a way to do this? (For example, we want to install an Access app for customer lists. On the Project site, while creating new Project, can i lookup contacts table for customer details?)

Thanks a lot, best regards.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Azelmas,

In your instance I would setup a separate collaboration area for your documents, utilising all of the great features of SharePoint.  For managing plans, I would use Project Online and a PWA instance.  The two will be separate, but this matches your requirements.  You will get a project site for each Project you publish, but you will need to either teach your users to ignore it, or customise it so that the only item they see is a link to your document site (hint, hide relevant lists such as issues/risks etc rather than deleting them in case you wish to turn on this funcationality later on, and of course set up this new site as a Project Site Template) .

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by azelmas Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:58 PM
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 9:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Azelmas,

In your instance I would setup a separate collaboration area for your documents, utilising all of the great features of SharePoint.  For managing plans, I would use Project Online and a PWA instance.  The two will be separate, but this matches your requirements.  You will get a project site for each Project you publish, but you will need to either teach your users to ignore it, or customise it so that the only item they see is a link to your document site (hint, hide relevant lists such as issues/risks etc rather than deleting them in case you wish to turn on this funcationality later on, and of course set up this new site as a Project Site Template) .

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by azelmas Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:58 PM
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 9:42 AM
  • Thank you very much for yor help.
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:59 PM