none
Profile picture in Skype for Business can be seen by other users except for its account owner RRS feed

• Question

• So we have this strange issue going on with one of our users as his Profile picture can be seen by everyone but not on his end.

This doesn't sound so impacting to the business but it is an issue to the user anyway. I have checked his Skype settings if his picture was actually hidden but it is not also we cleared the cache of his Lync account but still not working. 

Now, I advised the user to use a different computer and see if it works there.

I hope someone could answer this question and I will really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael!

As you said, you can use a different computer and see if this issue still persists.

We also recommend you change other clients version to see if it works.

Moreover, please pay attention to these options as below:

1)In My picture, does the photo show under Review?

2)Go to Personal to see if you tick the option “Show picture of contacts”. If you clear this option, it will remove your picture and everyone else’s from your view, but it doesn’t remove your picture from the view of other people.

Besides, please check if your network environment is normal.

For more details about set picture options in Skype for Business, please refer to:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-my-picture-options-in-skype-for-business-0ce1b350-fd0f-4c32-889d-bf6137100eb8

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, December 18, 2019 2:54 AM
  • Thank you so much your help @Jimmyy_Yang, I will ask the user to check all of these and will come back to tell you the results. 
    Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:08 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 6:16 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Friday, December 27, 2019 2:35 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief and temporary summary of this post.

<Issue Symptom>:

One of our users as his Profile picture can be seen by everyone but not on his end

<Possible Cause>:

1.Network problem

2.client version is old

3. not tick the option “show picture of contacts” in Personal

<Trobleshooting Steps so far>:

1.check if your network environment is normal.

2.change other clients version to see if it works.

3.Use a different computer to see if this issue still persists

4.tick the option “show picture of contacts”

<Reference Link>:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-my-picture-options-in-skype-for-business-0ce1b350-fd0f-4c32-889d-bf6137100eb8

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:20 AM