locked
Event Viewer: SharePoint error ID: 1000 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I'm using Win SBS 2003 R2 as a DHCP and DNS server, and it also host SharePoint database. Recently I just discovered an application error in Event Viewer:

    • Source: Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
    • Event ID: 1000
    • Detail: "#50070: Unable to connect to the database STS_Config on COMPANYSERVER\SharePoint.  Check the database connection information and make sure that the database server is running."

    What happened? And how can I fix it?

    Thanks for your help guys.


    Dhow here.

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:55 AM

Answers

  • Have you checked this kb article?  Seems to match your set-upo and error message.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=840685


    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

    • Marked as answer by Dhow Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:01 AM
    Answerer

All replies

  • Have you checked this kb article?  Seems to match your set-upo and error message.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=840685


    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

    • Marked as answer by Dhow Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:01 AM
    Answerer
  • Steven,

    Thanks, it does point directly to my problem there. Seems like it is a common error in Win SBS 2003, thanks for your help.


    Dhow here.

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:09 AM
  • Hi Steven,

    Thanks for sharing. It is really helpful to others.

    Thanks,

    Entan Ming

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

    If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.


    Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:16 AM
    Moderator
  • I'm sad to report that the error still exist as of this morning when the Win SBS 2003 R2 restarted again (for hardware maintenance), although the internal SharePoint website works like usual. Seems like this is a common issue whenever the server restart.

    Dhow here.

    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:15 AM
  • Most likely the logon used for the Timer Service does not have access to the necessary databases on the SQL Server.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:01 PM