none
The following file that is essential for Azure Backup is missing: NO_PARAM. (ID 32550) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need your help with this error:

The following file that is essential for Azure Backup is missing: NO_PARAM. (ID 32550)

This is happening only in one protection group of fileserver when iam backing up 1TB of data . The problem began when I received a message that the cache volume don’t have enough space, I deleted temporal logs, old catalog information and vhdx files. Just when I Did this last steps receive this error code (ID. 32550).

I have’nt find information about, so I did some differents thinks looking for a solution, like upgrade de backup server and agents, stop and start obengine services and so on.

Hope you  can help me!

Thanks,

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Yhascary,

Thank you for contacting us. This can occur if there are corrupt files in the Azure scratch folder.

To resolve this issue, create a new scratch folder:

1. Download the vault credentials from the Azure portal for the needed vault and save to the DPM server as
    this will be needed for step
    4. Ensure you have the vault credentials before carrying out any steps
    outlined below as well as the passphrase used to register the server with the
    vault.

2. Ensure that the registry keys below for the scratch location are pointing to the new
    location you wish to use for the
    scratch folder.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Azure Backup\Config
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Azure Backup\Config\CloudBackupProvider

For
    e
    xample:

Original location of Scratch folder:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent\Scratch

New location of Scratch folder:

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Recovery Services
    Agent\Scratch

3. Move all of the content in the old scratch folder to a
    different folder named something like 'oldscratch' just so you'll have a backup copy.

NOTE If you are unable to move the files, you may
    need to stop the obengine service. To do this, f
    rom an
    administrative command prompt run
    Net stop
    obengine

4. From the DPM UI, select Management then
    Register

5. After completing the Register Server
    wizard, attempt to create a recovery point for online protection.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Dipin Mathew

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 12:09 PM
  • Hi, Dipin,

I did every step as you mentioned but it did not function! job is in progress for 5 hours and no data is transferred.
    I restarted the services and updated the server and the agent for windows azure, but that is another matter! still has the alert.
    I don't know what to do more.
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 7:53 PM
  • Hello Yhascary,

Thank you for the update. If you still face the issue after following the steps outlined before then you may wish to open a Technical Support Incident, go through the security checks with the support advisers and they should be able to help you.

Regards,

Dipin Mathew. 

Friday, November 13, 2015 10:41 AM
  • Hi,

Same problem there. Setup is :

Latest available update for Azure Backup Agent (2.0.8724.0)

Latest available update for SCDPM 2012 R2 (U8)

The agent for SCDPM is up to date on all protected servers.

Please note that we have all protection groups working fine, except this one which size is 1,69TB.

Regards,

Cyril

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 3:42 PM
  • Hi, 

I have the same Issue with the cloud Backup.

AzureBackup Agent ist up-to-Date (Version 2.0.9022.0). I've also change the Scratch directory to a different Location, but no changes with the failure.

I have create a new Protection-Groupe, and i hope, that the replica will be recreated, but the error is still activ.

Anyone a solution?

Kind regards

Chris

Monday, February 8, 2016 6:57 AM