Discuss Identity and Access Management in the Cloud RRS feed

• General discussion

• Identity and access management in the cloud refers to the processes, technologies, and policies for managing cloud systems identities and controlling how these identities can be used to access cloud resources. Three separate processes are used in most cloud identity and access management solutions:

• Identity provisioning and storage
    • Authentication
    • Authorization

Identity management in a cloud system requires a complex collection of technologies to manage authentication, authorization and access control across distributed environments. These environments might include assets both on the internal cloud, which would be an on-premises private cloud, and services accessed on the public cloud. These environments can also cross-security domains, as when two enterprise-level organizations collaborate and enable cross-domain access to users from the partner security domain. You can learn more about these topics in the article Identity and Access Management in the Cloud.

Let's talk about that article and the topics of identity and access management in the cloud! Use this thread to get it started.

Thanks!

Tom

Learn more about Private Cloud at the Private Cloud Solutions Hub

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:21 PM

All replies

• I have a doubt with IAM, would be good if I can get a reply asap!

What can IAM do to cyber crime like hacking, phishing,spoofing???etc....

is active directory by itself safe against hacking?

Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:26 PM
  • Tom,

I am a novice and attempting to achieve a proof of concept of single sign on.  One example I read stated one should install Identity and Access on VS2012.  I did this on two different machines.   One was in the office domain and it shows the item "Identity and Access..." in the context menu of the MVC project I created.  The other machine is my laptop.  I followed the same procedure that worked on the desktop, yet the Identity and Access item in the project context menu does not show.  One difference is that the laptop is not part of a domain, but I am attempting this proof of concept in Windows Azure with the laptop, since we do not have a test AD in our corporate domain.

Is this the right forum to inquire about this issue?  Do you have a recommendation about a better forum?

Stephen Pidgeon

Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:22 PM