none
Removing Exchange 2010 before decommissioning SBS 2011 lost access to Active Directory on both servers. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to decommission an SBS 2011 server and promote my Server 2019 to take over all roles.  The 2019 server is a domain controller but does not yet hold any FSMO roles.  The email has long been moved and I'm just trying to remove Exchange 2010, transfer roles, and demote the server.  Well I kept getting an error when removing the Mailbox role from within the EMC.  So I'm trying just to remove the few mailboxes that were in there as well as both the Public and Private databases.  It seems like shortly after I removed the Admin mailbox from the Exchange Management Console, not active directory or the SBS Console "explorer" locked up and restarted.  Then I started receiving new errors when finishing removing the mailboxes.  Basically I couldn't do anything and started getting user errors.  So thinking it's just Exchange being jacked up because this was the last role to remove I rebooted the SBS server.

Now I cannot remotely access the SBS server with the Admin logon, I get a user account error.  I'm still remoted into the 2019 server but getting user account permission errors when trying to access anything inside the Administrative Tools.  I don't need anything off of this SBS server but I do need access to Active Directory so I can finish my my deployment.  I'm definitely afraid to disconnect form the 2019 server as it seems the user account is hosed and yes it's the only domain admin account.  The last thing I expected to happen.  How does removing the Admin mailbox hose the entire user account?  Anyone have any ideas on what I can do? 

Saturday, November 21, 2020 5:56 PM

All replies

• forum migrated to mentioned below link please use this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/index.html

hope answer the question if issue resolve please accept answer

Saturday, November 21, 2020 6:13 PM