none
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 over Workgroup RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to deploy Win 8 using the new MDT 2013 over a workgroup as we are not using a domain. Here are the required info:

• Workgoup: Bigben1
    • username: user145
    • password: pa$$
    • PC name: NDA145
    • DeployRoot=\\NDA145\DeploymentShare$

Now when I try to load the ISO in a VM workstation and try to deploy, I get the USER CREDENTIAL screen where I am asked for Username, Password and DOMAIN. All three are mandatory fields.

I have tried NDA145, \\NDA145, Bigben1 and many other things but it always gives me **Invalid Credentials: The network path was not found.

Here is the question - WHAT DO I ENTER IN THE DOMAIN FIELD? Thanks for the help.

• Edited by 3iabl0 Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:50 PM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:47 PM

All replies

• in the domain field in a workgroup scenario you shall use the computername of the machine that is hosting the deploymentshare.
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:35 PM
  • You can enter anything (even if it's not a real domain), this field may not be left blank. That's the reason why you will see the screen. So you can enter anything like: contoso.com myworkgroup.local, it doesn't matter, as long as the field just isn't empty.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:00 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested and entered contoso.com and it still gives me **Invalid Credentials: The network path was not found.  :(

Is there any other way or am I doing it the wrong way?

Regards

Manish

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:31 PM
  • Hi, Thanks for the reply. 

I tried NDA145 which is the name of the computer that is hosting the deploymentshare. 

The deploymentshare is located at 

\\NDA145\DeploymentShare$

I can access this folder through other computers in the network. Its very frustrating.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:34 PM
  • here is my post migrating Windows 7 to Windows 8 in domain http://blogs.itpro.es/octaviordz/2013/10/21/migrar-de-windows-7-a-windows-8-uniendo-a-dominio-con-mdt-2012/

Freelance-IT http://www.freelance-it.com.mx

Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:15 PM