none
DPM 2012 SP1 Installation issue (with SQL2012 SP 1) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im trying to install DPM 2012 SP1 on a VM running on a hyper V cluster. My SQL server runs on a seperate VM inthe same cluster and has SQL Server 2012 SP1.

Setup Confirms all prereqs are okay. when the installation proceeds, it says SQL Server 2008 R2 is already installed and moves on to tools and workstation installation where it quits with an error and aborts the setup. I checked the provided error log but found nothing helpful.

Any idea anyone? a screencap follows..

Saturday, February 9, 2013 4:23 PM

Answers

• Dear Stephane,

Finally got it going! ISO file was the cultprit :S I redownloaded the software and bingo! it worked. :) (I remember at the first download, there was a network hitch!!)

But before that Yes, I ran the DPM Remote SQL prep on my remote SQL server. And No, My SQL aint clusterd.

Thanks for the tips mate. :)

• Marked as answer by Kalith Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:35 AM
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Kalith,

Does your SQL instance is also a clustered ? if yes You cannot used a clustered instance of SQL Server to host a remote DPM database.

Did you run DPM Remote SQL Prep tool from the Setup splash screen on the instance of SQL Server you are going to use ?

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013 8:34 PM
  • Dear Stephane,

Finally got it going! ISO file was the cultprit :S I redownloaded the software and bingo! it worked. :) (I remember at the first download, there was a network hitch!!)

But before that Yes, I ran the DPM Remote SQL prep on my remote SQL server. And No, My SQL aint clusterd.

Thanks for the tips mate. :)

• Marked as answer by Kalith Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:35 AM
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:35 AM