Error after moving RMS database RRS feed

• Question

• RMS Experts,

We still have RMS version 1.0 with SP2 and we moved the database to new SQL server. The DBA took care of moving dtabases and updating RMS configruation database. I took care of updating web.config files and registry to use new SQL server. But now users are getting "You do not have credentials that allow to open this message. Do you want to open it using set of credentials". Users used to be able to open RMS protected email using their email address but now can't. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hubble

• Edited by HubbleSpace Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:15 PM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi HubbleSpace,

Was the following guidance on migrating the RMS databases applied and used here?

Thanks,

Brad Mahugh
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------
    This post is provided "AS IS" and confers no promises of current or future technical support for a specific support issue. Please use Microsoft product support if you need a service commitment for your current support case or issue.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:13 PM
  • Hi Brad,

Yes, that's exactly what we used. Thanks.

Friday, April 26, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Can you confirm you have connectivity to the AD RMS db from ADRMs making changes in the platform etc? also it would be beneficial a Client-side debugview log http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7700.ad-rms-troubleshooting-client-side-tracing.aspx to validate what is happening? any erros in the event viewer?

Cristian

Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:13 AM
  • Thanks Christian. If I am not mistaken you meant connectivity from RMS Server to RMS Database (SQL) server, right? I can ping and remote DB server from RMS server, not sure if that's what you meant to confirm connectivity.

There is event error from RMS server below:

DCOM EVENT ID 10016

"The application-specific permission settngs do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application with CLSID...........to the domain\xxxx SID(.......). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services adminisrtative tool."

Monday, May 6, 2013 1:39 PM