IAG 2007 SP2 running on VMware ESX? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to convert a IAG 2007 SP2 Virtual Machine from Hyper-V to VMware ESX 3.5. Is that possible? If yes, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Not sure about how to convert from HyperV to ESX 3.5 but certainly installing UAG on ESX 3.5 and importing the config files to this virtual disk should work and would be more time saving.

May be someone knows a better option of conversion.

Faisal :>
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:51 PM
  • Hi,

you should use VMware Converter to convert the hyper-v files to VMware ESX.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:31 PM
  • Hi Freddie,
    Thanks for the answer but to only use the VMware Converter is not sufficient to get the IAG Virtual Appliance up and running on a VMware platform.

Friday, November 19, 2010 10:43 AM
  • Hi,

Converting images from Hyper-V to VMware is something that's done quite routinely, and I see no reason for a problem with the conversion process. However, VMWare 3.5 is not supported for IAG and UAG. Please use VMWare 4 U1.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:52 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sophiaan Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:46 PM
    • Proposed as answer by ZarkoC Friday, January 21, 2011 10:11 AM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:52 PM
  • Hi!

I finally found information on how to do this! Here is the article that lists the steps nessasary to convert an IAG virtual machine Hyper-V to VMWare.  

http://www.forefrontsecurity.org/ArticleViewer/tabid/131/ArticleId/78/How-to-convert-IAG-2007-Virtual-Appliance-Machine-from-Hyper-V-to-VMWare-workstation-and-VMWare-ESX.aspx

Thanks Idan Plotnik at ForefrontSecurity.org for providing me with the article!

• Marked as answer by Sophiaan Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:46 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:45 PM