Register DLL without admin rights RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we are updating our client stations from Windows 7 to 10, and in this process we'd like to remove the administrator permissions from some users. The problem we have is that there users need to register some DLL's very often, and we couldn't find a way to do it. Someone has already experienced it and can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Mota,

That's not possible. User have to have the administrative privilege to register dll file.

If you have domain, you could push the dll for those users that you don't want give them admin rights using the group policy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 14, 2017 2:34 AM
  • Karen,

I need this for my dev users to make some tests before putting in production.I don't have one, two or ten DLLs that I can previously register, each day there's a different one to a different machine.

Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:17 PM
  • Karen,

I need this for my dev users to make some tests before putting in production.I don't have one, two or ten DLLs that I can previously register, each day there's a different one to a different machine.

I understand what you want to do, but no way unless give them local administrative privilege.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 24, 2017 8:39 AM