Windows could not start Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access Service On Local Computer... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi;

The Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access Service cannot start automatically and when I want do that the following error message appears:

Windows could not start Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access Service On Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

The following error event appears in Event Viewer:

Encountered unexpected error when starting MSExchangeRPC service. Error details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
       at Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.CountWriter..ctor()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Parser.AuxiliaryBlock.TrySerialize(BufferWriter writer)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Parser.AuxiliaryData.SerializeAuxiliaryBlocks(IEnumerable`1 auxiliaryBlocks, ArraySegment`1 auxiliaryBuffer, Int32& size)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Server.RpcDispatch.BuildDefaultConnectAuxOutBuffer()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Server.RpcDispatch..ctor(HandlerFactory handlerFactory, IDriverFactory driverFactory, TimeSpan activeUsersSweepInterval)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Service.RpcClientAccessService.CreateRpcDispatch()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Service.RpcClientAccessService.<DeferredServiceStartInitialization>b__4()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Common.IL.ILUtil.DoTryFilterCatch(TryDelegate tryDelegate, FilterDelegate filterDelegate, CatchDelegate catchDelegate)

I am using Exchange Server 2010 SP1 with Update Rollup 5 applied...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sunday, August 28, 2011 10:17 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your good support,

Because I had installed Exchange on a virtual Machine and for testing purpose, I start over installing a new exchange...

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:50 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:32 AM

All replies

• Exchange RPC Client Access service crashes in Parser.dll on the Exchange Server 2010 CAS server:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977553

http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800540456/mpage_1/key_msexchange/tm.htm#1800540456

Anil MCC 2011,ITIL V3,MCSA 2003,MCTS 2010, My Blog : http://messagingschool.wordpress.com
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 3:54 PM
  • Just a shot in the dark: Did you execute the setup with the Run as Administrator option? If not, re-run the Rollup setup by following these steps:

Right-click the Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator and then run the update from this Command Prompt.

Do also make sure that your Exchange-based antivirus is disabled, as well as monitoring agent and backup agent.

FAQ 000088 - How to install Exchange Service Packs and updates
    http://www.exchangemaster.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=166&Itemid=57&lang=en

MCTS: Messaging | MCSE: S+M
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 4:05 PM
  • Hi imprise,

When did the issue occure, any operation had you done before the issue occured?
     If the issue occured after you update the RU5, please check Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.dll and Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.dll versions, confirm they are the same.
    I would suggest that you rerun the setup /preparead and the setup /preparedomain, and then reinstall the RU. It is better to reboot your server.
    Plese also post the information in the regedit.exe as below directory:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Rpc
    normally has below:
    clientprotocols
    extensions
    rpcproxy
    securityservice
    Then we could do more research about your issue.

Regards!
    Gavin
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, August 29, 2011 9:22 AM
  • Hi

Any update for your issue?

Regards!
    Gavin
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 3:15 AM
  • Thanks for your good support,

Because I had installed Exchange on a virtual Machine and for testing purpose, I start over installing a new exchange...

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:50 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:32 AM
  • I got the same issue.

Its been 3 days I am trying to make RPC service run but every time getting this error message window. Could you please help me out anyone?

Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:03 PM