Convert EDB File to PST RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Expert,

I have old Microsoft Exchange 2010 EDB file and I want to convert Exchange mailbox to Outlook PST. Is there any expert who can suggest me how to migrate from Exchange EDB file to Outlook? I don’t want loose my data, so you can also suggest me best EDB to PST converter whether it is free or paid. No issue.

Thanks in Advance.

• Edited by BruceA10 Friday, April 28, 2017 9:23 AM
    Friday, April 28, 2017 9:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Bruce,

I agree with the solution suggested by "Ed Crowley" that there is no practical method to convert EDB file into Outlook PST format. First, read and follow the solution suggested by MVP. In case, still if you face issue, then I would also like to suggest you one of the best edb to pst converter utility to export EDB file into PST format and migrate your export exchange 2010 mailbox to PST without any error and issue.

Note: Run the free version before purchasing.

Thanks & Regards
    Kelvin Howard

• Marked as answer by BruceA10 Monday, May 1, 2017 10:32 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 9:34 AM

All replies

• Vendor shill post above.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, April 29, 2017 2:18 AM

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Saturday, April 29, 2017 2:18 AM
  • An EDB file contains many mailboxes so there is no practical way to convert it to a PST.

If you can mount the EDB, then use Outlook to export the mailbox to a PST.

If you can't mount the EDB, you might want to look into a third-party tool like Kroll OnTrack PowerControls.

https://www.krollontrack.com/products/email-recovery/

Saturday, April 29, 2017 2:20 AM
  • Ed is correct within the EDB being properly mounted within an Exchange Server or RDB you need a 3rd party tool.  Top 3 tools for accuracy and completeness are Kroll, Dell Recovery Manager for Exchange and Lucid8's DigiScope.  Purchase any of those 3 and you will be in a happy place.  Full disclosure I work for Lucid8

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:39 AM
  • Hi Bruce,

I agree with the solution suggested by "Ed Crowley" that there is no practical method to convert EDB file into Outlook PST format. First, read and follow the solution suggested by MVP. In case, still if you face issue, then I would also like to suggest you one of the best edb to pst converter utility to export EDB file into PST format and migrate your export exchange 2010 mailbox to PST without any error and issue.

Note: Run the free version before purchasing.

Thanks & Regards
    Kelvin Howard

• Marked as answer by BruceA10 Monday, May 1, 2017 10:32 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Thanks to all experts.

I didn't mount EDB file. I install and run all the tools suggested by you all. 

http://www.exportedbtopst.net/ - by Kelvin

https://www.krollontrack.com/products/email-recovery/  - by Ed Crowley

https://www.lepide.com/exchange-manager/edb-to-pst-converter.html - by Bishan

But, I used the EDB to PST Converter software suggested by Kelvin because the cost of the personal license software is $299 only which is quite cheaper than both the other tools. I also saw the cost of bundle offer i.e; $399 and in bundle offer there are two more extra tools available i.e; Outlook Recovery and OST Recovery. So finally, I purchased the bundle offer of the software and converted my EDB file into PST format without getting any issue.

@kelvin Thank you so much for suggesting me this tool.

Regards,

Bruce

• Edited by BruceA10 Monday, May 1, 2017 10:37 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 10:35 AM
  • Forget the Lepide.  Their products must really be crap for them to have their employees post under phony names.

Monday, May 1, 2017 7:38 PM

Monday, May 1, 2017 7:39 PM

Monday, May 1, 2017 7:39 PM
  • The Easy Way Would Be to Copy the stuff from the file to a new file And name it whatever.pst
    Monday, May 1, 2017 7:40 PM

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:34 AM

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:13 PM