none
Document Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Having an issue with our dev's. They are using Amazon workspaces with IE 11. Workspace is windows 7(actually Server 2008r2).

Opening internet explorer to test websites for compatibility, they find that the "Document mode 11" is missing. Available options are 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and Edge.

I am currently running windows updates, although there were no updates for IE. Currently running IE 11.0.9600.18230

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I suspect the version of IE required, is not compatible with AWS/S2K8R2.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 11:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Chris LTQ,

According to your description, I suggest that we could uninstall the IE and reinstall it offline. We could choose the IE 11 version in the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18520/download-internet-explorer-11-offline-installer

Then we could try use the Windows Update again.

Also we could select the "Document Mode 5" to check the issue.

Meanwhile Enterprise Mode is a new feature in Internet Explorer 11 that allows businesses to use old web applications in modern versions of IE. We could check the issue in Enterprise Mode.

http://www.howtogeek.com/184634/how-to-enable-and-use-internet-explorer-11s-enterprise-mode/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:09 AM
  • Hi,

"Opening internet explorer to test websites for compatibility, they find that the "Document mode 11" is missing. Available options are 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and Edge."

Document mode 11 == Edge Emulation mode....

you are using IE11.

The Help>About Internet Explorer menu in IE shows the IE versions AND its Update version.

the f12>Emulation tab shows what its current value is (document.documentMode) and how it was established. (default, x-ua meta/header , Enterprise Mode Site List). Ask your programmers about which IE version you are using and which IE Emulation Mode (aka documentMode) their software should be using.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

Rob^_^

Saturday, February 11, 2017 9:19 PM