none
Registry key for ClearableListData does not show values when adding to compatibility view list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have been investigating an issue that doesnt seem to have the valid data that i have investigated through countless Microsoft articles pertaining to the registry path below. We do have group policies applied for the browser but even under the policy path in the registry we do not find any clear findings that leads me to believe that adding sites to compatibility is actually logged anywhere in the registry.

Can anyone help me understand this mystery.

Thank you
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation\ClearableListData

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 11:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

right click on the registry node in Regedit and check that you (the current user) have permissions to write keys. Group Policy settings are probably preventing users updating the list, but the UI on Compatibility View settings is still showing the maintenance list.

User compatibility view lists have been superseded in IE11 on domain networks with Enterprise Mode Compatibility view lists. If you are a home user, there will be little need to place sites in the list if the option to "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" is checked.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Saturday, September 26, 2015 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation\ClearableListData\UserFilter

that key is REG_BINARY... double click in regedit to display the ascii text.

eg.

.... unfortunately I am unable to attach a screen shot from regedit.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:44 AM
  • Hi Rob,

That is my point there is no data which is being placed there. User Filter is not even present as a DWORD value. I am trying ot understand why that is.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

right click on the registry node in Regedit and check that you (the current user) have permissions to write keys. Group Policy settings are probably preventing users updating the list, but the UI on Compatibility View settings is still showing the maintenance list.

User compatibility view lists have been superseded in IE11 on domain networks with Enterprise Mode Compatibility view lists. If you are a home user, there will be little need to place sites in the list if the option to "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" is checked.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Saturday, September 26, 2015 2:12 AM