none
SSL Certificate Renewal Problem for RWA RRS feed

• Question

• We use SBS Essentials 2011. We have renewed our SSL certificate for RWA with a different provider and received only a .crt file. When we "Complete the Certificate Request" in IIS, we select that file and give it a unique Friendly name and it appears in the list. However, when we go into Bindings for Default website it is not available to select, only the old certificate is listed.  WHat are we doing wrong or do we have the wrong file type for SBS?
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that the new certificate is not available when Bindings for Default website.

Once the certificate has been successfully installed into IIS. Then, you can assign it to the website:
    1. Open IIS Manager - Default Web Site - Bindings.
    2. Select the listed item with port number of 443 - Edit. You can click View, to see the current certificate, or use the drop down menu to find another certificate.
    3. You should see ‘friendly name’ listed, select the new certificate you just installed. 

If the newly installed certificate is not available, I would recommend to contact the certificate provider(certificate installation steps are different due to the provider) to confirm the details about install certificate into IIS, and make sure that the certificate has been successfully installed.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 19, 2015 2:23 AM
  • Thank you for replying. Could you explain how you would install the .crt file in IIS? Mayb I have done this incorrectly.
    Monday, October 19, 2015 12:57 PM
  • crt is the response file from the provider.

in IIS under Server Certificates there should be an option to 'complete request' this is where you would provide that file.

Robert Pearman WSSMB MVP
    @titlerequired | LinkedIn | Google+
    Facebook | Windows Server Essentials.com

Friday, October 30, 2015 11:16 AM