McAfee Internet Security Suite 8.0 RRS feed

• Question

• When I try To Install McAfee Internet Security Suite 8.0 it says McAfee Internet Security Suite 8.0 is incompatiible with the version of windows I am Running.  Is there any way to get a round this.

Thanks Andrew

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 10:45 PM

Answers

• No, not that I am aware of.  I tried many times, tweeked the compatability settings and could never get it to install.

There is a link on the Vista site to an anti-virus program that will work under Vista (I think it is Trend).

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 11:02 PM

All replies

• No, not that I am aware of.  I tried many times, tweeked the compatability settings and could never get it to install.

There is a link on the Vista site to an anti-virus program that will work under Vista (I think it is Trend).

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 11:02 PM
  • Thanks For All the Help
    Tuesday, July 4, 2006 11:15 PM
  • I am moving your question to the applications forum, they should be able to provide more guidance
    Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:48 PM
  • I use Trend Micro's - Beta PC Cillin for Vista. Which is available for free via a download.

Friday, July 21, 2006 1:16 PM
  • Can you post the download link please...
    Friday, July 21, 2006 4:39 PM
  • McAfee are beta-testing version 8.5, details can be found on their website (http://www.mcafee.com/uk/enterprise/downloads/beta/index.html).

For Trend Beta software, have a look at www.trendbeta.com

Monday, July 24, 2006 9:34 AM
  • use avast pro also has built in firewall most effective better then norton and mcaffie ny a long way and uses a hell of a lot less cpu usage
    Friday, July 28, 2006 8:52 PM