Reorder items in Windows Explorer navpane RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

is it possible to reorder the items displayed in the navpane of the Windows Explorer. I would prefer that "Computer" appears on top and the "Favorites" at the bottom. Unfortunately I was not able to locate a settings dialog nor a registry key to achieve this. Does anybody here have an idea? I really would appreciate that.

----------------------- Greetings from Germany, Martin
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:49 AM

Answers

• No. It is that way by design.

• Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:27 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:42 PM
  • Hi Martin,

We currently cannot rearrange the item order for the navigation pane in Windows Explorer via the Windows 7 settings or registry.

You may try to use scripts to check, and it is recommended to post a new thread in Scripting Forums for discussion.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum.

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:10 AM
  • Hello Sabrina,

thanks for the information, althrough it was not the answer I had hoped for. But at least I can tell our customer now, that he simply has to live with it. And where is still the possibility to remove (or better hide) favorites in the Windows Explorer. Thanks again!

Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:13 AM

All replies

• No. It is that way by design.

• Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:10 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:42 PM
  • Hi Martin,

We currently cannot rearrange the item order for the navigation pane in Windows Explorer via the Windows 7 settings or registry.

You may try to use scripts to check, and it is recommended to post a new thread in Scripting Forums for discussion.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:10 AM
  • Hello Sabrina,

thanks for the information, althrough it was not the answer I had hoped for. But at least I can tell our customer now, that he simply has to live with it. And where is still the possibility to remove (or better hide) favorites in the Windows Explorer. Thanks again!

Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:13 AM
  • Hi Martin,

Yes, you may hide it as a workaround.

Windows 7 - Favorites - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Sabrina

Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:37 AM