none
Project Site users and groups issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm having trouble building a custom project site template that has minor adjustments:

- A new link to go to our company’s homepage and category content is edited in the lists of risk and issues. (not category (1) but Money).

Now those customizations look great, and work like a charm. But I can't seem to get the permissions right with accessing the project site. 

I have looked at earlier posts that concern customizing the site (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/fdca721c-9457-4f33-bf7f-b5747b3e2fd8/new-project-site-template) but they don't specify the permissions of team members.

Here's the question:

What do I need to do and where in my Project Online environment, to get my project site accessible to all my team members as soon as I add them to the schedule and give them assignments?

To clarify, Hester Blok is a team member in my project, she has to access the project site to report a new Issue. But without the correct rights she can't access the site. She can however access the task via the Tasks view on PWA. Now this is 1 person, and that wouldn't be a problem to give her direct access with sharing the site functionality, but what if I had a team of 20+ people?

Hope you can help me out,

Erik

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Erik,

In Project Site Provisioning Settings page, is the checkbox "Check to automatically synchronize Project Web App users with Project Sites when they are created, when project managers publish projects, and when user permissions change in Project Server" checked.

When the check box is cleared, users are not automatically added to their respective sites.

Ref: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982961(v=office.14).aspx

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 1:54 PM
  • Hi Dinesh,

Both the option and the link are 2010 functionality if I'm correct. However, I am using the Project Online version. It doesn't have a "Project Site Provisioning Settings page", at least not in the PWA settings.

Hope you / anyone, has another option :)

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Hi Erik,

I am sorry about the confusion.

Project 2013 can be run on either SharePoint Permissions mode or Project Permission mode.

In case you are using the SharePoint permission mode then you have to add the users manually or can add the permissions to a root site and then inherit the permissions.

However if you are using Project Permission mode then you can enable the setting as below:

Go to Server Settings ==> Project Permission Sync Settings. Select the checkbox for Enable Project Site Sync

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Erik,

The Project Site Provisioning settings in 2013 have been moved to the Central Administration. Unfortunately, in Project Online environment, you do not get access to Central Admin. 

Having said that,

1) In my online environment, my team members get access to project site as soon as I assign a task and publish the project. The default setting seems to be synchornize with the project team.  So you should not need to do anything with the template. 

Have you published the project, after adding the team member to the project team and/or assigning a task?

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Hello Dinesh, and Prasanna,

Manualy adding doensn't really sound like a solution, neighter does the top level rights. In the ProjectPermissions mode the site provisioning works like I need it to be. But I want to stick to SharePoint Permissions mode, in my opinion the PPM2013 default should work.

@ Prasanna are you using a SharePoint Permissions mode environment? I agree that the central admin isn't accessable. I am using no customisations in my template for rights and groups, but don't have the results that you discribe. I did publish the project after assigning the task.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 3:02 PM