Exchange 2007 - CCR - Private Network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Hopefully a quick and easy answer for this.

I have:

Exchange 2007 SP3 Rollup9

Windows 2008R2

CCR

What I want to know is, can I change the IP addresses of the Private Network (Cluster / log) on the fly?

I need to move the private network from one subnet to another but I don't want to:

A) Take down Exchange (If I can avoid it)

B) Cause any outage

Is it possiable just to change the IP on the Nic and check the Failover Cluster to make sure it sees it?

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:53 PM

Answers

• hi,

you cannot change the replication ip on the fly, it will cause replication issues,before changing the ip-address stop the replication between the two servers. if you have multiple storage groups replicated stop all the replication between the servers.

use this command:

Suspend-StorageGroupCopy -Identity:<Server\StorageGroup> 

then change the ip of replication NIC,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post is useful, please hit the green arrow on the left.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by KiwiCam Monday, April 22, 2013 3:24 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Hi Viman,

Yes, I will stop replication between the cluster nodes before I change the IP. I'll have a go on teh DEv environemnt first to see what isseus will occur. Thanks.

Viministrator - The netwrok team what to change the IP on the private Cluster node as they are changing their address scheme.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 10:49 PM

All replies

• hi,

you cannot change the replication ip on the fly, it will cause replication issues,before changing the ip-address stop the replication between the two servers. if you have multiple storage groups replicated stop all the replication between the servers.

use this command:

Suspend-StorageGroupCopy -Identity:<Server\StorageGroup> 

then change the ip of replication NIC,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post is useful, please hit the green arrow on the left.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Why would you wanna do it?

Where Technology Meets Talent

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:28 AM
  • hi,

any update?

Regards

Viman

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Hi Viman,

Yes, I will stop replication between the cluster nodes before I change the IP. I'll have a go on teh DEv environemnt first to see what isseus will occur. Thanks.

Viministrator - The netwrok team what to change the IP on the private Cluster node as they are changing their address scheme.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 10:49 PM