Archive Folders and Non Archive Folders RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, has anyone noticed on their office 365 (hosted in the cloud) That some users have archive enabled and some do not? Does anyone have a rhyme or reason for this? I am speculating that it was somewhat of a bug or not intended feature when MS implemented the ability to have them? can anyone confirm or deny why some users have archive turned on and other not? We have not done this ourselves.

-Thanks in advance 

• Moved by Steve Fan Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:59 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Monday, October 30, 2017 9:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

By "Office 365", do you mean the desktop application or the online app?

Which archive folder do you mean? Do you mean the online archive folder or the local archive feature in Outlook desktop client?

By default, online archive feature is turned off for mailboxes. Are these mailboxes migrated from on-premise Exchange server? As far as I know, the online archive on/off status follows the original mailboxes after migration.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:58 AM
  • When I go to manage users via the web app admin portion, I see some users have archive turned on which provides them with an archive mailbox in outlook desktop app as well (we dont cache locally). At one day and time before I arrived we were on prem but not any more, so there has been a migration. I can tell you that I have Archive enabled on my account, I did not turn it on and I was created on the system we have now, aka not migrated.
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 2:26 PM
  • Thank you for the update. Since you mean the Online-Archive feature, I'd recommend you post a new question to the forum dedicated to Exchange Online forum as current forum is for Outlook Desktop application related questions:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicesexchange

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:49 AM
    Monday, November 6, 2017 9:30 AM
  • I agree, sorry to use the wrong forum. so many to choose from.I will repost in that forum.
    Monday, November 6, 2017 2:52 PM
  • Never mind and thank you for the understanding :-)

Regards,

Steve Fan

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:49 AM