none
reset admin credentials - password using user account RRS feed

• Question

• I changed my primary user account from admin to standard user. There is a second Administrator account that I created. When I try to log onto that profile machine states bad user name / password combo. Guessing that I forgot the password to that account. Can anyone share process to reset the admin password? or elevate my user account to admin level or higher?

Thank you

Friday, October 9, 2015 12:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.

• If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the Reset your password webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

If the issue is related to corrupted user profile,  you can use your other admin account or enable built-in admin account to repair the corrupted user profile.

steps are ok for Windows 10:

http://wind8apps.com/windows-8-fix-corrupt-user-profile/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:23 PM
    Owner

All replies