none
Robocopy Switches RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to move a single file share off of one server and onto another so I was going to use robocopy to do so.  However, I have completely confused with the amount of switches and don't know what the proper ones to use.  Both servers in question are running Windows Server 2008 R2.  I just need all of the sharing and security permissions to remain the same. 

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Generally we will do:

robocopy <source> <target> /zb /copyall (or /copy: if anything you do not would like to copy) /e (to include empty folders)

Please noticed that Share permission will not be copied as it is saved in registry. You could manually share the folder later.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by djs860 Friday, July 26, 2013 5:45 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2013 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Generally we will do:

robocopy <source> <target> /zb /copyall (or /copy: if anything you do not would like to copy) /e (to include empty folders)

Please noticed that Share permission will not be copied as it is saved in registry. You could manually share the folder later.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by djs860 Friday, July 26, 2013 5:45 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2013 8:51 AM
  • Thank you kindly!
    Friday, July 26, 2013 5:45 PM