Dist Group in Outlook not adding all Group Members RRS feed

• Question

• I created a 365 Group with 61 members. Because of limitations in many of the recipients e-mail system, it required I make a Dist. Group to send and receive mail between them. I created a Dist Group from the 365 Group which shows all 61 members. I sent an e-mail and only 20 members got it. When I expanded the Dist Group in the e-mail heading it only showed 20 members out of the 61 I thought I loaded. I tried removing the Group from the Dist Group and repopulating it. Nothing. Also, it won't let me add members individually when I create the Dist Group. It only shows Groups in the directory from which to build, otherwise I'd have tried that. So, my problems are the Dist Group won't populate more than 20 addresses and I can't see individuals in my Contacts when trying to build a Dist Group. Any help would be great.
    Saturday, March 4, 2017 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

do you see the member when you run below command:-

Get-UnifiedGroupLinks -Identity "Human Resources Department" -LinkType Members

Use below command to add members:-

Add-UnifiedGroupLinks -Identity "Legal Department" -LinkType Members -Links chris@contoso.com,michelle@contoso.com

MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer | https://www.linkedin.com/in/abrar-kaberi-46a483102/

• Proposed as answer by Akabe Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:35 PM
    Saturday, March 4, 2017 7:18 PM
  • Hello,

Is this issue only occurs on this special distribution group? How about OWA?
    Can you login your Office 365 tenant, then double check the membership of this group?

By my test, we cannot add group into a Office 365 group, only user mailbox is valid.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:40 AM
  • Would you please post your current situation about this issue? It's more important to provide further assistance.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:24 PM