++ Outlook 2016 Attachments Only Forwarded Under Special Conditions ++ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we are using Outlook 2016 Build 16.0.4639.1000 and are looking for a solution for the following "thing".
    When forwarding an e-mail with an attachment (.pdf, .xlsx) the attachment is removed. This does not happen with all kind of this type of attachments. The confusing thing is, in safe mode I can forward the e-mails in question. In normal mode I can forward this e-mails ONLY when I DISABLE the reading pane. Addins all disabled.

Again, a still not fixex Outlook bug?

Friday, January 12, 2018 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>The confusing thing is, in safe mode I can forward the e-mails in question. In normal mode I can forward this e-mails ONLY when I DISABLE the reading pane. Addins all disabled.

It looks some problematic add-in is causing this issue. I noted that "Addins all disabled", however, you may also try disabling the add-ins from registry and then see whether this issue continues. To do this, please follow:

1)  On the Outlook client side, close the Outlook client and export the following registry keys: 
         HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins
         HKEY_CURRENT¬_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins 
    2)  Remove the above registry key.
    3)  Temporarily disable the antivirus software on the client side.
    4)  Restart the Outlook to monitor if the problem persists.
    5)  To recover these add-ins, we could import these keys again.

Besides, you may also contact the support for your mail scanner, and try to disable its integration in Outlook. Then, test again to see whether this issue continues.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:45 AM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 8:26 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going? Is this issue fixed now?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:58 AM