Antivirus Version check and remediation through NAP RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

i have implemented NAP solution for my organization. now i want to know how i can achieve Antivirus version check and remediation through NAP policy server and remediation server. what are the pre-reqirement s for it.

your kind help will be highly appreciated. 
    Rakesh Kumar
    • Edited by Kumar Rakesh Friday, July 31, 2009 12:09 PM incomplete sentance
    Friday, July 31, 2009 12:08 PM

Answers

• i think youre going to need a third party anti virus platform compatible with NAP to do this, by default NAP just checks the windows security centre sha to see if you have a compatible anti-virus  installed and is it upto date, im not sure how it works out the "anti virus is upto date" part

to provide remediation youre going to need a AV vendor product compatible with NAP

at least thats how i think it works...
    Friday, July 31, 2009 3:01 PM
  • Correct as Johnson David said. To achive this you need to get NAP Plugins (in NAP terms it is plugins are called as SHA / SHV) from the antivirus company.

Thanks
    -RamaSubbu SK
    Sorry! Microsoft doesn't own any liability & responsibility for any of my posting.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 5:55 PM

All replies

• i think youre going to need a third party anti virus platform compatible with NAP to do this, by default NAP just checks the windows security centre sha to see if you have a compatible anti-virus  installed and is it upto date, im not sure how it works out the "anti virus is upto date" part

to provide remediation youre going to need a AV vendor product compatible with NAP

at least thats how i think it works...
    Friday, July 31, 2009 3:01 PM
  • Correct as Johnson David said. To achive this you need to get NAP Plugins (in NAP terms it is plugins are called as SHA / SHV) from the antivirus company.

Thanks
    -RamaSubbu SK
    Sorry! Microsoft doesn't own any liability & responsibility for any of my posting.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 5:55 PM
  • This is pathetic, we can monitor AV's thru Security Center and WMI in XP. However, I am not able to find any solution for Windows 2003 and the rest.. I would appreciate if any MS guys can hand out some link or info....
    Friday, October 23, 2009 2:53 PM
  • In Windows Server SKUs there is no Security Center Service, so the WMI is not there. That Security Center feature is for Client SKUs only as of today.

Thanks
    -RamaSubbu SK

Friday, October 23, 2009 9:59 PM