locked
Outlook 2007 Exchange problem with Windows 7 ***HOME*** RRS feed

  • Question

  • I was using Outlook 2007 with Vista and all worked ok but after upgrading my OS to Windows 7 Home Premium, I can no longer connect to my remotely-hosted exchange server using rpc/mapi over http (outlook anywhere).

    Anyone had a similar experience or can help?

    Is the problem my os version that doesn't support domain authentication (DOMAIN\USERNAME login) ?

    Thanks

     

    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:56 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    problem was solved, simply I changed the connection string to Exchange Server (like owa.xxxxxx.com to xxxxx.domain.xxxxx.local).

    But in the other clients owa.xxxxxxxx.com works,

    I think that this is related to Windows Home versions domain limitations.

     

    Regards

    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, April 8, 2011 6:20 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 6:17 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

     

    Windows 7 Home version doesn’t support domain authentication, only support workgroup authentication.

     

    I suggest to update to Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate version.

     

    Regards,

    Leo   Huang

     

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

     


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

     

    Did your issue solved? Please feel free to give me any update.

     

    Thanks.

     

    Regards, 

    Leo   Huang

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 4, 2011 1:05 AM
  • Hi,

    problem not solved.

    Today I'm working on an Windows 7 Home (64 bit) with Outlook 2010 and it works.

    Other PC with Windows 7 Home (32 bit) and Outlook 2007 doesn't work. On this PC I tried to install an Outlook 2010 but without success.

     

    Thanks for help

    Monday, April 4, 2011 6:53 AM
  • Hi

     

    Thank you for your update, you can try to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:

     

    1 Login with Clean Boot

    2 Temporally disable firewall

     

    If the issue persists, I suggest to contact Outlook forum for further help:

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

     

     

    Regards,

    Leo   Huang

     

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

     


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 4, 2011 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

     

    Did your issue solved? Please feel free to give me any update.

     

    Thanks.

     

    Regards, 

    Leo   Huang

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 8, 2011 2:19 AM
  • Hi,

    problem was solved, simply I changed the connection string to Exchange Server (like owa.xxxxxx.com to xxxxx.domain.xxxxx.local).

    But in the other clients owa.xxxxxxxx.com works,

    I think that this is related to Windows Home versions domain limitations.

     

    Regards

    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, April 8, 2011 6:20 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 6:17 AM
  •  

    I’m glad to hear your problem has been solved. And I will mark your reply as answer. It could help other communities here who have the same issue.

     

    Thanks for your understanding.

     

    Regards,

    Leo   Huang

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

     


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 8, 2011 6:20 AM