none
How can I customize the opened plan view in the top of PWA Quick Launch area RRS feed

• Question

• When I open a project plan in Project center in PWA, there will display a new created view on the top of Quich Launch for the opened project plan, and there always have only two links of "Schedule" and "Project Information". But I found there are more links such as "Project detail"、"Manage Checkpoint"、"Cost and Benefit"、.... in the documents like Guide for PWA, I tried some effort to custom the view in manage views area but can't find where to get this type of view.

MY project professional and project server are both 2010

Best Regard

Tian-Song Tsai
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the links you have seen, and mentioned in your post, are Project Detail Pages (PDPs) associated to EPT (Enterprise Project Type. EPT is which you can see in Project Center while creating New Project.

In order to add more PDPs to your current EPT, go to Server Settings - > Under Workflows and Project detail Pages, click on Enterprise Project Types -> open your current EPT and scroll to PDP section. Here you can add other PDPs to your current EPT. 

Also see this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg188120(v=office.14).aspx

Also note that what you have seen in guide and demo are the pre-built PWA with data, and Cost and Benefit/Manage CheckPoints PDPs were created for purposed to demonstrate the full strength of a product.

I also suggest you to get some sort of training of Project server in order to know more about its feature. there is lot of material available on internet as well, for your quick start you can see this: http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/project-server-help/getting-started-with-project-web-app-HA010379908.aspx

hope that helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )

• Marked as answer by Tian-Song Tsai Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:01 AM

All replies