Help With Printing Multiple Pages on Single Page RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to print a calendar on a single 11x17 sheet of paper. Currently the size of the calendar is forcing the application to want to print 3 pages. I have a ministry requirement that requires the calendar to be printed in Arial size 16 font and print on a single page. Is there any way to fit this document on to one page?

Thank you

Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:52 PM

Answers

• I would set it up with a landscape page size of 11x17. Insert tables for the calendar, floating if necessary. Insert the text. This is not using a calendar wizard or anything of the sort.

Tables

Are we talking a week, a single month, two months, a quarter, four months, six months, or a year? Very much is going to be very crowded!

As an alternative, you could try setting it up for two portrait pages and then tell word to print two pages per sheet. You would lose some paper to wider margins this way. (I have only done this with 8-1/2 x 11 pages but the principle should be the same.) This would require starting with an even larger font because Word would scale it. If you need exactly Arial 16 it may be tough to get.

p.s. I envy your ability to print on 11x17.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Friday, August 22, 2014 11:50 AM
  • Here is a sample of a single table on 17x11 layout with Arial 16 font set up for four 28-day months.

The calendar days are approx. 1x1

Borders are turned off between months.

Friday, August 22, 2014 12:12 PM

All replies

• Version of Word?

Operating System?

Assuming you have a printer that handles 11x17 paper, why not configure it as a single page with multiple tables?

Arial 16 is not a small font.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:30 PM
  • Thank you for your reply Charles.

I'm using Word 2010 and Windows 7 Professional. Yes I do have a printer that prints 11x17, how exactly do I configure it as a single page with multiple tables?

I understand but unfortunately the table is required to print in Arial 16 font.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:33 PM
  • I would set it up with a landscape page size of 11x17. Insert tables for the calendar, floating if necessary. Insert the text. This is not using a calendar wizard or anything of the sort.

Tables

Are we talking a week, a single month, two months, a quarter, four months, six months, or a year? Very much is going to be very crowded!

As an alternative, you could try setting it up for two portrait pages and then tell word to print two pages per sheet. You would lose some paper to wider margins this way. (I have only done this with 8-1/2 x 11 pages but the principle should be the same.) This would require starting with an even larger font because Word would scale it. If you need exactly Arial 16 it may be tough to get.

p.s. I envy your ability to print on 11x17.

Friday, August 22, 2014 11:50 AM
  • Here is a sample of a single table on 17x11 layout with Arial 16 font set up for four 28-day months.

The calendar days are approx. 1x1

Borders are turned off between months.

Friday, August 22, 2014 12:12 PM