Proclarity Performance Map Drilldown not working in PPS from Moss RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How do you enable drill down in a performance map. When the map renders in PPS it is static. Not even a toolbar. When I click on the map nothing happens. It works in the designer.

Thx
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:14 PM

Answers

• When you state that it works fine in the designer what exactly do you mean by that?  In Dashboard Designer you are unable to view the ProClarity reports, just configure them.  For Performance Maps you will need to launch this in Web Professional to be able to get drill down functionality.  You will see some information when you hover over the items, but that is about it.  You can configure the toolbar to show by using some additional options in the PAS server URL.  Take a look at these links for additional references and items in regards to Performance Map options.

Proclarity tricks

Presenting ProClarity Performance Map Views in PerformancePoint Dashboards

Using PAS Views in PerformancePoint Monitoring Dashboards
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by LarryBiStack Monday, May 4, 2009 3:21 AM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:33 AM

All replies

• When you state that it works fine in the designer what exactly do you mean by that?  In Dashboard Designer you are unable to view the ProClarity reports, just configure them.  For Performance Maps you will need to launch this in Web Professional to be able to get drill down functionality.  You will see some information when you hover over the items, but that is about it.  You can configure the toolbar to show by using some additional options in the PAS server URL.  Take a look at these links for additional references and items in regards to Performance Map options.

Proclarity tricks

Presenting ProClarity Performance Map Views in PerformancePoint Dashboards

Using PAS Views in PerformancePoint Monitoring Dashboards
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by LarryBiStack Monday, May 4, 2009 3:21 AM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:33 AM
  • Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

When I said designer, I meant the desktop professional client.

I can't seem to get the same functionality from the PPS Proclarity viewer that I get from the Sharepoint Proclarity web part. For instance I tried the tb;ht;fs trick and it doesn't work for me. I am running SP2 for PPS.

I just got back working with PPS since Ctp3 so things have changed, maybe I'm a little rusty. I used to be able to deploy a dashboard to the main site or sub site but this doesn't seem to be an option anymore, just allowed to deploy to shared documents, Is this true.  

Also I tried deploying a dashboard to shared documents and then adding the Proclarity & SSRS SharePoint web parts to that page and it didn't work. The SSRS part gave me problems with view state and the Proclarity part wouldn't le me login. However when I start at a site or sub site in SharePoint I can use both the SSRS web part and Proclarity part with no problems. Is this the case.

Also I found the SSRS piece in PPS to be inconsistent when you have parameters connecting to a cube in my case, its 50 -50 whether they show up. Additionality I don’t see a docmap and the Show toolbar if checked will fail with a generic  SSRS error message.  Are you aware of any of this?

Currently I am leaning to putting everything on a SharePoint site and using all the SharePoint web parts because of the above.
    The only thing that I don't like is the spinning of the SSRS web part from SharePoint before rendering whereas PP is much cleaner rendering a SSRS report.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:44 PM