none
Issue with Building OLAP Cubes in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

There is some issue with while building OLAP cubes. 

I have created OLAP cube then successfully cube has builded. When i add resource level custom field which has lookup tables values in ASSIGNMENT CUBE  then getting cube failure meesage.

I deleted and recreated custom field and lookup table but no luck

Below error message from manage queue jobs

General
    CBS message processor failed:
    CBSOlapProcessingFailure (17004) - Failed to process the Analysis Services database <DB NAME> on the 10.3.66.12 server. Error: OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: 
    Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation.; 01003. Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while processing 
    the 'Assignment Timephased' partition of the 'Assignment Timephased' measure group for the 'Assignment Timephased' cube from the <DB NAME> database. 
    Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully. Server:  Details: id='17004' name='CBSOlapProcessingFailure' uid='f2dea43a-eeea-4704-9996-dc0e074cf5c8'
     QueueMessageBody='Setting UID=afb5c521-2669-4242-b9f4-116f892e70f5 
    ASServerName=10.3.66.12 ASDBName=<DB NAME> ASExtraNetAddress= RangeChoice=0 PastNum=1 PastUnit=0 NextNum=1 NextUnit=0 FromDate=02/27/2015 02:10:15 
    ToDate=02/27/2015 02:10:15 HighPriority=True' Error='Failed to process the Analysis Services <DB NAME> on the 10.3.66.12 server. Error:
     OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation.; 01003. Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error 
    occurred while processing the 'Assignment Timephased' partition of the 'Assignment Timephased' measure group for the 'Assignment Timephased' cube from the 
    <DB NAME> database. Internal  

Queue:
    GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - CBSRequest.CBSQueueMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='b7162f77-9fb5-49d2-8ff5-8dd63cc1d1d3' 
    JobUID='76837d02-d0c6-4bf8-9628-8cec4d3addd8' ComputerName='WebServer2010' GroupType='CBSRequest' MessageType='CBSQueueMessage' MessageId='2' Stage=''.

Help me to resolve the issue

Regards

Santosh

Friday, February 27, 2015 2:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Quick solution will be to create another Analysis Services Database without the Resource Custom field that created a problem. (most likely due to Multi-select enablement).

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex

Friday, February 27, 2015 2:55 PM
  • Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply. I haven't enabled multi select option and also tried deleting AS database and created again.

I did the same in Staging server its working fine there but issue in production server

kindly help me to resolve 

Regards

Santosh

Friday, February 27, 2015 4:28 PM
  • Is the SQL Server and Analysis Server are running on different servers and not on default ports? 

If yes, then check if the same alias’s name added in Project Server is added on the Analysis Server.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, February 28, 2015 8:46 AM
  • SQL Server and AS are running on same server.

Do i need to check anything in this case ?

Regards

Santosh

Saturday, February 28, 2015 12:02 PM

• Still problem persists

As a work around i have used SQL query to display the data

Sunday, March 1, 2015 4:18 PM