none
Non default assignment owner - no tasks appear in Timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Here is the situation in Project Server 2010 with all the latest updates.

We have two resources - A and B. A is only a Resource. B is the Resource and User of Project Server. For the resource A we set an Assignment owner to be the Resource/User B. Time reporting for all users is made through Timesheets.

When we assign a task to Resource A, this task appears on Tasks list for the Resource/User B in Project Server. But it doesn't appear in Resource/User B Timesheet.

Is this an expected behavior? Is it possible to see those tasks in Resource/User B Timesheet?

Vygantas

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:12 AM

Answers

• I don't think so, because Resource B is not assigned to do the work.  Resource B is only set as the person who should update the status of the task.  I think that if you want it to appear on Resource B's timesheet, then you must assign it to Resource B.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Monday, April 1, 2013 7:32 PM

All replies

• I don't think so, because Resource B is not assigned to do the work.  Resource B is only set as the person who should update the status of the task.  I think that if you want it to appear on Resource B's timesheet, then you must assign it to Resource B.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Monday, April 1, 2013 7:32 PM
  • That explains the situation clearly enough.

Thank you.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:06 PM