Oracle Dependency RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Did you already created app-v packages with Oracle client 10 dependency in SCCM R2?

I created the two virtual applications and created one dependency in the second application (which needs oracle to run).

But When I launch the application it doesn't work.

Regards,

Michael.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I see your problem (and not quite sure why it happens).
    From the description of roaming users from SCCM R2 / APP-V whitepaper:

1.      The Configuration Manager Client then changes the Application Virtualization Client’s OverrideURL for package A from an HTTP:// URL path to a Distribution Point server to the File:// local path of the new SFT file in the Configuration Manager Client cache. 

Table 4 has an very good explanation of what happens regarding to the local-client override settings and when roaming.
    Now, the override should really kick-in but perhaps you should configure the HREF to utilize HTTP/FILE pointing to your source instead of RTSPS (and get the correct override?)

/Znack

• Marked as answer by Michaelmee Monday, October 12, 2009 9:04 AM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Even if the depency application is specified within the first, I suppose that the second one has to be available for the client aswell.

Did you advertise the second application aswell?

/Znack
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, the two applications are advertised and Oracle is loaded at 100%.

Regards,

Michael.
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:31 PM
  • Hello,

Any error message generated when you start the application?

/Znack
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:38 PM
  • Hi, 

It is like it doesn't find the Oracle Dependency.

Michael
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:41 PM
  • Hello,

Well, I am really sorry, you will have to eloborate a bit more to receive any more assistance.

I don't know what application it is, how its supposed to behave etc etc
    If you have made a reference to the depency correctly and made the application available to the client there probably is no fault in the delivery.
    You can either double-check your sequencing (back-to-basics) or double-check the delivery.

Have you verified that the application works during sequencing? How have you sequenced it?

If the application behaves as if its missing a component, it probably is. The reason why will take a lot more information to figure out.

/Znack
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

The two applications are Oracle Client 10 and Carat.

I sequenced first the oracle client 10 , and after I sequenced Carat in another sft package.

At this moment if I launch Carat it works.

In the OSD of CARAT I added the dependency with the following infos of the Oracle client 10 : CODEBASE HREF, GUID, SYSGUARDFILE & MANDATORY set to TRUE.

I advertised the two virtualized applications on the same machine ( ORACLE 10 with the setting Download content from distribution point and run locally) and Carat with stream from distribution point.

at this point Carat refuse to work (the error message is that Oracle client is not installed).

Regards,

Michael
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:55 PM
  • Hello,

When you sequence the second application you should reset the sequencer, reinstall the oracle client (without the sequencer running) exactly as you did while sequencing it.

Example seen here;
    http://blogs.technet.com/softgrid/archive/2009/01/20/sequencing-microsoft-office-2007-core-with-multiple-language-packs-via-dsc.aspx

Also, try adding the depency while in the sequencer and before saving.

/Znack
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 8:27 PM
  • Hi,

I tried but it still doesn't work.

My colleague found a work around by pointing the CODEBASE HREF=FILE://C:\WINDOWS.... to the local downloaded file.
    If we point to CODEBASE HREF="RTSPS://SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%:322... it doen't work.

Did you already created dependencies with SCCM R2?

Regards,

Michael.

Friday, February 6, 2009 8:34 AM
  • Hello,

I see your problem (and not quite sure why it happens).
    From the description of roaming users from SCCM R2 / APP-V whitepaper:

1.      The Configuration Manager Client then changes the Application Virtualization Client’s OverrideURL for package A from an HTTP:// URL path to a Distribution Point server to the File:// local path of the new SFT file in the Configuration Manager Client cache. 

Table 4 has an very good explanation of what happens regarding to the local-client override settings and when roaming.
    Now, the override should really kick-in but perhaps you should configure the HREF to utilize HTTP/FILE pointing to your source instead of RTSPS (and get the correct override?)

/Znack

• Marked as answer by Michaelmee Monday, October 12, 2009 9:04 AM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 10:17 AM