How to delete one oversized e-mail out of the sent mailbox form a user exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

In the eventlog I get every 5 min an error that an e-mail cannot be send due to size to big 26.635.611 bytes
    In the mailbox of that user I can't find the e-mail in the sent mailbox. So I can't delete it.
    The only thing I know about mail is the mail size. I'm working with SBS 2008 and Exchange 2007.
    How can I delete the mail or stop that send proces.

Thanks for any solution
    Dany

Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:04 AM

All replies

• Time to dig out the big dogs - you need to find and download MFCMapi and check his mailbox with that tool.  Keep in mind that it is highly likely he's working in cached mode and the email is in his offline cache.  Also, make sure you check in his Outbox, since this is where items messages being sent are held until the Exchange server can deliver them.
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:52 PM
  • Hi,

Did this error message hint that the mailbox size exceeded the limit or the message size exceeded the limit?

If the mailbox size exceed the limit set by administrator, you couldn't send email as well. You may have to delete some emails from there before you can send emails.

If the message size exceed the limit, you can change the message size limit to higher temporarily. When users send email larger than the limit, they will get the NDR. Please contact the user to check if there is NDR.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 7, 2014 6:35 AM
  • Hi Belinda,

In get-transportconfig I see that my changes are executed:

MaxSendSize is set to 30MB and that didn't do the trick

In get-mailbox "info"

I see ProhibitSendQuota 5557452KB

In the mailbox of that user there is no such large email

And the user can't tell me if he had a NDR

The server who is trying to send that mail every 5 minits is very annoying

Do you have an other idee?

Thanks for your answer

Dany

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:16 PM
  • Hi Willard,

MFCMapi is a very powerfull tool.

But I can't find the email only by his size(very complicated tool)

The user never worked offline and in his outbox there is no such email to find

How can I stop that sending every 5 minits.

Thanks for the answer

Dany

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:22 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my understanding, you have set the organizational message size limits: MaxSendSize is 30MB. The organizational send and receive size limits apply to all Exchange servers in the Organization.

Did this issue affect all users or some of them? If there are some, I recommend you check if there is message size limit for this specific user mailbox.

About the Prohibit send quota, I also would like to see the mailbox size. If the mailbox size reaches or exceeds the specified limit, new messages can't be sent from the mailbox, and the user receives a descriptive error message. For more details about this, you can refer to the following article.

http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/Gg576861.aspx

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

If you have checked above and the issue persists, please check if there is any related event error.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:18 AM
  • If the email is not in the outbox as per I can understand from above,Have you checked the exchange queues as well ? use queue viewer or get-queue..

Sukhija Vikas http://msexchange.me

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

I used queue viewer and there where no messages in the queue.

So, I suppose the the event viewer is giving me wrong information

Thanks for the answer

Dany

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:30 PM
  • I have had a similar experience in a small environment. In one instance when I paused the queues for about 10 minutes and it came back and I could delete it from there. On one occasion I had to restart the router which may not be an option for you.

Hope that helps,

Shelly

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:59 PM
  • Hi Everyone who helped me,

I don't know what did the trick, but since 11/03/14 17:31 there is no sending of that email anymore.

I forgot to look at the eventviewer.

At least I'll have a good night sleep.

Many thanks to all

Dany

Monday, March 17, 2014 7:08 PM
  • Hi Everyone,

The solution to my problem was solved with
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb684892(v=exchg.80).aspx

Thanks to all
    Dany

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:42 AM