Autocorrect options - multiple version of the same incorrect spelling of a word RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am looking for advice on how I can amend the settings on Autocorrect. 

I am a decent touch typist, but find myself making mistakes with certain words!  e.g. "you've" typed as "you'be" (because the b is next to the v on the keyboard... - hope this makes sense!)  Maybe I also spell it incorrectly occasionally as "you'vw" or "you'vr" for example.  In any event, I need to be able to set up Autocorrect so that ANY numbers of incorrect spellings of the word "you've" can be corrected/accepted by Autocorrect.  Again, hoping this makes sense and I have explained it well enough.  

I am not 100% sure, but I suspect that when I set up Autocorrect to change "you'be" to "you've" if I then go back in and select it to change "you'vr" to "you've" the original autocorrect for "you'be" is forgotten or deleted/overwritten/superseded, whatever! I'm pretty sure this is what's happening...  

I therefore need to be able to set up Autocorrect settings so that every version of a mis-spelled word can be accepted.  That way it's not infuriating when I think: I was sure I changed that... and therefore a waste of my time and effort! :/

Also, any further advice on how I can add the below screen in Autocorrect settings to my Customise Quick Access Toolbar to make it all extra-super-efficient that would be great??? 

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:02 PM

Answers

• You can add multiple 'Replace' strings that have the same 'With' text:

Click the dropdown arrow on the right hand side of the Quick Access Toolbar.

Select 'More Commands' from the dropdown menu.

Select 'Commands Not in the Ribbon' from the 'Choose commands from' dropdown.

Scroll down until you see 'AutoCorrect Options'. You should see two instances.

Select the second one (the one that has an icon), then click Add >>.

Finally, click OK. You now have an AutoCorrect Options button on the Quick Access Toolbar.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

• Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Frecklepaw Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:14 AM
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:43 PM

All replies

• You can add multiple 'Replace' strings that have the same 'With' text:

Click the dropdown arrow on the right hand side of the Quick Access Toolbar.

Select 'More Commands' from the dropdown menu.

Select 'Commands Not in the Ribbon' from the 'Choose commands from' dropdown.

Scroll down until you see 'AutoCorrect Options'. You should see two instances.

Select the second one (the one that has an icon), then click Add >>.

Finally, click OK. You now have an AutoCorrect Options button on the Quick Access Toolbar.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

• Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Frecklepaw Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:14 AM
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:43 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried Hans's suggestion above?

If it is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer to close the thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 29, 2018 10:05 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply! 

Thanks for the help with the above! 

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:15 AM