none
Enable logging for IE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There's an entry for Internet explorer within Applications and Services Logs in the Event Viewer, but the log is empty.

I tried to enable the logging through the registry and the "Enable logging" checkbox in in the event viewer properties is checked and greyed out.

How can I enable the IE logging?

Thank you.

Monday, May 9, 2016 3:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi fedayn2,

How did you modified registry setting to enable it?

If it does not work for you, we could consider about creating a new custom view.

Select Event sources equals IEFRAME.

Here is a link about Create a Custom View for your reference.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709635(v=ws.11).aspx

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:59 AM
  • I'm having the exact same problem.  I've Googled and Binged and Yahooed every variation I can think of to enable IE 11 logging to Event Viewer and NADA.

I need to know how to enable IE 11 logging in Event Viewer so we can trace issues with end users.  I've tried registry hacks. I've tried 3rd party apps.  I've tried standing on my head and picking my nose while whistling the dreidel song and farting.  Nothing.

Why, Microsoft, do you have to make things so difficult for support people.  There should be a radio button or a check box or SOMETHING somewhere that enables logging without spending hours and days looking it up.

Problem is, I don't even want to read on to create a custom view.  I shouldn't have to.  I should be able to enable logging in a few clicks and perhaps a reboot.

HELP MEEEEEEEE.

• Edited by Chaim_A Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:10 PM
  • Creating a custom view does nothing more than filter the log entries that already exist.  I'm looking to find out how to enable logging to begin with.  IE logging specifically. 
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:23 PM