none
MS Project 2013 crashes when synchronizing after creating a new task in Sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use MS Project 2013 (Professional) and sync with SharePoint 2013 (Office 365) - I have downloaded the latest service packs /updates to MS Project 2013. It works fine when I only create tasks in MS Project and only update the existing tasks from SharePoint. But as soon as I create a new task in SharePoint and synchronize from MS Project the application crashes. The only way to get it to work again is to delete the newly created task in SharePoint and synchronization works again.

I have not added any new columns and only want to synchronize the standard fields found on a task list in SharePoint.

I am clueless why MS Project 2013 crashes so does anyone know of a resolution?

Regards,

Thue

Monday, March 14, 2016 12:59 PM

All replies

• I'm having a similar problem....

I go to sharepoint, open the list.  Click on List and open with Project.  If I open a task and click on the up / down for percent complete, it crashes.  I also have the latest updates...

Friday, April 1, 2016 7:45 PM
  • Oxconfused, I recommend you attempt a repair anyway. When I have seen such weirdness with my PC in the past, I would run a disk repair programme (usually Spinrite) to clear up such problems. Modern disks are so dense that it just seems sometimes sectors just fail.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:54 AM